At the May 18 Interest Group meeting, parents volunteered to serve on the PTO Board on an interim basis. As we approach the beginning of the 2015-2016 academic year, nominations are open to anyone who would like hold office. Nominees will be announced at the August 17 meeting.
Elections for all offices will be held at the September 21 meeting, when all of the parents have had a chance to become involved with the PTO.
Everyone on the Interim Board is very interested in serving through 2015-2016.
Interim Board Members
- President: Eve Hathaway
- Vice President: Christina McMenemy
- Secretary: Terreece Clarke
- Treasurer: Robert Meeker
- Communications Chair: Valerie Rake
Nominations are now closed. Elections will be held at the September 21, 2015 PTO meeting. One person was nominated for each position, so voting will be by voice for the slate, per the by-laws.
The following information is taken from the Columbus Gifted Academy Bylaws (draft)
Article III – Officers and Elections
Section 1: Executive Board – The Executive Board shall be comprised of a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and Communications Committee Chair.
Section 2: Terms of Office – Officers are elected for one year and may serve no more than two (2) consecutive terms in the same office. Each person elected shall hold only one office at a time. The term of office for all officers is one year, beginning August 1 and ending July 31 of the following year.
Section 3: Eligibility – All PTO members are eligible for office if they are members in good standing.
Section 4: Duties
Executive Board. Develop the PTO’s annual budget, establish and oversee committees to conduct the work of the PTO, establish fundraising programs, and approve by majority vote of the Board unbudgeted expenditures of no more than $200.
- President. Preside at general PTO meetings and Executive Board meetings, serve as the official representative of the PTO, and retain all official records of the PTO.
- Vice President. Oversee the committee system of the PTO, assist the president, and chair meetings in the absence of the President.
- Secretary. Record and distribute minutes of all Executive Board meetings and all general PTO meetings, prepare agendas for official PTO meetings, and hold historical records for the PTO.
- Treasurer. Serve as custodian of the PTO’s finances, collect revenue, pay authorized expenses, follow all financial policies of the PTO, and hold all financial records.
- Communications Committee Chair. Manage communications and marketing for the PTO, including but not limited to PTO newsletters, email broadcasts, website, bulletin boards, etc. Oversee the Communications committee.