Saturday, Feb 20th
1:00 to 5:00 pm
Columbus Gifted Academy
- All participants are welcome to bring their own board games to share (we suggest you write your name on your copy).
- We will have many games on hand for families to learn.
- Ideal games are for ages 10+, for 4+ players, take under an hour, and are non-elimination (meaning that everyone finished at the same time – win or lose).
- If you volunteer to run games, please arrive at least 30 min before your time slot to become familiar with the games being run, so you have an easier time teaching games.
- Most of the games available can be learned in a short period of time.
- Game Gurus are highly encouraged to bring their own games that they are already familiar with playing.
Chili Cook Off
- Bring your cooked chili in a crockpot or insulated container to the multipurpose room before 2:30pm.
- Please provide a list of ingredients (for allergen purposes) and a spice level from 1-5, with 5 being the hottest.
- Chili will be available to participants at 3pm.
- Each participant will get to choose three different chilis and pick their favorite. The winner will receive a prize and title, Chili Master of CGA!
- Bring all baked goods to the multipurpose room the day of the event.
- Treats should individually wrapped.
- Please avoid nuts. Labeling of vegan and gluten-free items is highly encouraged.
GameWright Games for Sale
- We’ll have games for sale from GameWright Games (Forbidden Desert/Island, Dragonwood, Sushi Go!, Slamwich, Wig Out, and more!)
- Games range from $6-25 and 50% of sales stays with CGA!
- Scholars and families will also have the opportunity to buy a game for the school’s board game library at half the cost of the game.
- Game Day will be your first opportunity to buy CGA Spirit Wear.
- T-shirts, hooded sweatshirts and car magnets will be available.
- Have something you want to donate to the raffle (new items, gift certificates, etc) – email firstname.lastname@example.org and bring it to the game day (if possible).
- Sign up online: game guru, bake sale host, game sales, set up, clean up
- Email: organizer Aaron Brown
- Contact Aaron Brown