Nominations are now open for for the 2016-2017 Columbus Gifted Academy PTO Executive Board. Nominations are open to anyone who would like hold office.
Nominations are due by Monday, March 14. Nominees will be announced at the March 21 PTO meeting.
Elections for all offices will be held at the April 18 PTO meeting. You must be a paid member for 2015-2016 to vote.
The current President, Vice President, Secretary, and Communications Chair are willing to stand again. The Treasurer position is open.
The following information about the Executive Board offices is taken from the Columbus Gifted Academy Bylaws.
Article III – Officers and Elections
Section 1: Executive Board – The Executive Board shall be comprised of a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and Communications Committee Chair.
Section 2: Terms of Office – Officers are elected for one year and may serve no more than two (2) consecutive terms in the same office. Each person elected shall hold only one office at a time. The term of office for all officers is one year, beginning August 1 and ending July 31 of the following year.
Section 3: Eligibility – All PTO members are eligible for office if they are members in good standing.
Section 4: Duties
Executive Board. Develop the PTO’s annual budget, establish and oversee committees to conduct the work of the PTO, establish fundraising programs, and approve by majority vote of the Board unbudgeted expenditures of no more than $200.
- President. Preside at general PTO meetings and Executive Board meetings, serve as the official representative of the PTO, and retain all official records of the PTO.
- Vice President. Oversee the committee system of the PTO, assist the president, and chair meetings in the absence of the President.
- Secretary. Record and distribute minutes of all Executive Board meetings and all general PTO meetings, prepare agendas for official PTO meetings, and hold historical records for the PTO.
- Treasurer. Serve as custodian of the PTO’s finances, collect revenue, pay authorized expenses, follow all financial policies of the PTO, and hold all financial records.
- Communications Committee Chair. Manage communications and marketing for the PTO, including but not limited to PTO newsletters, email broadcasts, website, bulletin boards, etc. Oversee the Communications committee.